By Dr. Joseph Berenholz
The women who seek out Dr. Berenholz’ help are women usually in the range of 20 to 55 years of age. The younger women, of course, are looking for a way of reducing labial structures and having a laser labiaplasty performed so that we will not feel self-conscious any more. Many of them come to the office complaining of labial pain as well as labial irritation with exercise and tight-fitted clothing as well as embarrassment during the sexual experience because of the way their labia are structured. Dr. Berenholz has performed nearly 1000 labial reduction surgeries since he began the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of Michigan. He also reduces the labia majora and the labiaplasty that he has done have encompassed both structures. Many photos are taken, both preoperatively and intraoperatively and postoperatively. He has received literally hundreds of letters of thanks from around the country. The patients that come to visit Dr. Berenholz are predominately from the Midwest region including Wisconsin
, Chicago, IL ( Lser Vaginal Rejuvenation Chicago, Illinois
, and Minnesota
, as well as, of course, Michigan
, but the patients have also come from as far away as New York, California, North Dakota, Toronto, Canada
and Ontario, Canada
Dr. Berenholz’ experience with laser vaginal rejuvenation is merely an extension of over 25 years as a gynecologic surgeon. He has operated literally on several hundreds of women for urinary incontinence (the loss of urine), as well as a prolapse uterus, prolapse bladder, rectocele, cystocele, and many other problems. He is also a highly experienced laparoscopist and robotic surgeon and also has experience with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy for menopausal women. Vaginoplasty and perineoplasty are all procedures that are part and parcel of the diode laser repair. Dr. Berenholz has also been involved with laser reduction and rebuilding of the hymen, although he no longer performs this procedure. He also performs a reduction of the excess prepuce tissue around the superior part of the labia. His vaginal rejuvenation surgeries have been sought out by literally thousands of women from all around the Midwest including cities such as Chicago, Illinois; Madison, Wisconsin; Minneapolis, Minnesota; and Indianapolis, Indiana. He has lectured extensively to women on a variety of other issues, specifically on fat reduction of the abdomen
. He is currently treating women who only need to remove or reduce the small pooch in their abdomen with Vanquish reduction technique
. Vanquish fat reduction is radio frequency fat reduction. This new technology for noninvasive fat reduction of the abdomen is an exciting arena which has just become extremely popular. He is also using radio frequency for protégé elite. This radio frequency device is very effective for radio frequency facelift and skin tightening. It is also used incredibly for cystic acne as well as for labiaplasty using radio frequency.
Dr. Berenholz has found and has currently been doing research on behalf of the manufacturers of Protégé on reducing labia minor tissue using the Protégé radio frequency probe. This has been very successful and he has been asked by BTL to lecture to other physicians regarding Vanquish fat reduction device as well as Protégé skin tightening
and skin smoothing procedures. He is regarded as one of the most renowned and best cosmetic gynecologists in the Midwest and is committed to empowering women with choices. It has been a long ten years and from a time when women knew nothing about cosmetic gynecology to now the most commonplace knowledge of it, Dr. Berenholz has been at the forefront of research and development in this area.
Utilizing advanced laser surgery, DLV cosmetically improves the vulvar structures, such as the labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, introitus, and hymen. LVR Institute of Michigan specializes in this type of surgery and can provide you with a tailored solution to your needs. Here are some of the most popular DLV procedures. Read More
Laser Reduction Labiaplasty
- Labiaplasty is used to sculpt the elongated or unequal labial minora (small inner lips) according to your preferences. The majority of women who request this procedure desire smaller inner lips that do not project beyond the large outer lips. This procedure can also be used to treat conditions related to aging, childbirth trauma, or injury.
Laser Reduction Labiaplasty with Reduction of Excess Prepuce
- This type of labia reduction surgery is used to treat and reduce the excess skin along the sides of the clitoris. The final result allows the skin to drape neatly over the clitoris, offering the desired aesthetic enhancement. This treatment is often used to follow up a labioplasty in order to create a unified aesthetic result.
- This procedure is designed to improve the relaxed or aging perineum. It can also be used to improve the sagging labia majora (large outer lips) and labia minora. The final result is a youthful and aesthetically appealing vulva.
- This surgery is used to aesthetically enhance the labia majora by removing the patient’s fat via liposculpturing and transplanting it into the labia majora. It offers a more youthful appearance.
- This type of surgery removes unwanted fat from the mons pubis and upper parts of the labia majora. Through further liposculpturing, we can remove the unwanted fatty bulges in this area and create a more aesthetically pleasing contour.
- This procedure is used to reconstruct the hymen as if nothing occurred. LVR Institute of Michigan is sensitive to the needs of women from all cultures who request this procedure for cultural, social, or religious reasons.
Combination of DLV with LVR
- DLV and LVR surgeries can be performed at the same time for ultimate rejuvenation and aesthetic enhancement. These surgeries can also be performed together with standard cosmetic procedures, including liposculpturing, breast implants, breast reduction, tummy tuck, nose surgery, and eyelid surgery.